Please don’t roll your eyes. I’m writing yet ANOTHER post about my goals for 2009. This time, though, THIS time I’m writing about how I plan to improve my green living. Here are things we have already done over the past couple years:
- Eliminated the use of paper towels and napkins
- Use cloth diapers
- Employed the use of a clothesline (though it had to be taken down for the garden last summer)
- Switched to an eco-friendly dish soap and other household cleaning supplies
- Started wearing burlap sacks and cardboard shoes…HAHA. Just kidding.
- Use canvas shopping bags
And here are things we’d like to do in 2009:
- Have a homebirth! (does that count?)
- Put the clothesline back up
- Plant, harvest, and can some vegetables
- Jamie wants to get chickens and goats. We’ll see how that goes.
- Continue to use more eco-friendly cleaning products
- Find a reasonably priced potted Christmas tree
I may add more to this list as I think of things, but for now I don’t want to put any more pressure on myself than I already have with all these goals and challenges. See? Told you I need an intervention.
What are your Green Goals for 2009? Head on over to Crunch Domestic Goddess and let her know!